Thursday, August 10, 2017

C.C. Designs: Vampire Clover

Most of the things I create tend to be girly because I love pink and teal and unicorns and mermaids, haha! But today I went a little spooky with my C.C. Designs Halloween card featuring Rustic Sugar Vampire Clover. I mean he is a Vampire after all so I thought I needed a lot of red. As I was sitting upstairs in my craft studio, I happen to glance over at my Distress Inks and thought....hey, why not try to make a eerie red sky. So I went for it!! And, I think the creepiness was captured!


I took a sponge and rubbed Festive Berries Distress Ink all over my white cardstock. I probably could have just started with red cardstock, but the red distress ink was a much more vivid red. I then took Black Soot Distress Ink and rubbed it along the edge of a piece of cardstock that I cut with a cloud border die. As I move the cloud border down I just shift it to the left or right to get variations in the clouds. The Happy Halloween circle was made using the Poppystamps Hip Halloween Circle Die and the bottom tree border die is Lawn Fawn Stitched Tree Border Die.
Now be sure to head over to the C.C. Designs Store to snatch up all of these awesome goodies!

Hugs,
Rosie

2 comments:

cebelica said...

You could have easily fooled me by saying that cloud background is design paper. It looks spectacular!!! I can never make such nice backgrounds with distress inks - there are lines etc. :/ Anyways, well done forthinking outside the box and creating a red sky. It definitely looks perfect with this image and gives the card a bit more creepy look. Hugs! xx

Rosie said...

I know what you mean about lines! My friend said the round sponge daubers create less lines than the rectangle ones. This took a lot of layers because I don't have the round ones haha! But with all the layers there are no lines...so it's a win! When I came back in to layer the black over the cloud Die cut out I used an extra sponge not on the wood handle, rolled it a little and then rubbed the black ink lightly over the scallop edge.