Thursday, March 11, 2010

HOPPY Easter Easel Card

One of my goals for the month of March was to post something on my new blog everyday. Well, as we all know, life doesn't always allow that to happen. I figure though, if I challenge myself to creating everyday, then maybe I'll reach that goal 2 or 3 times during the week, instead of 2 or 3 time a month, LOL!

This week was a busy week getting ready for my Hostess Club Meeting this Friday, March 12th (yes, I do realize that March 12th is tomorrow, haha!). I have around 7 to 9 ladies that usually come to the club meetings so it definitely takes a while to prep everything ahead of time (especially when I'm kind of a last minute type of gal). I don't know why, but my creative juices don't start flowing until I'm on some kind of deadline!

Anyway, I wanted to share the project I prepared for the class....an Easter Easel Card. I was little intimidated when I first saw these Easel Cards popping up everywhere. However, once I made my first one and saw how easy it was, well....I was hooked! I love them!! They are so versatile and can be dressed up or down for any occasion.

I used one of CTMH's new paper packs called Caboodle. I think the colors (Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf, and Sorbet) really represent SPRING to me. And, with Easter being right around the corner, I thought it would be nice to make an Easter Card. I also want to mention that my card below is 4x4, instead of 6x6. I only had a few sheets of Caboodle so I made the card smaller to make sure I had enough paper to go around. To make the Easel Card 4x4, you cut your first cardstock piece 4"x 8" and then score at 2" and 4". Fold card in half and then fold 2" piece in to form a flap. Then you cut a separate 4"x4" piece of cardstock and tape to the front flap.

Here's my creation:

I wanted to showcase a new technique with my customers so I decided I would show them a simple masking technique. The eggs are from a CTMH stamp set called Easter Eggs (D1340). I used the masking technique to stamp the Sorbet egg behind the Crystal Blue/Moonstruck egg. I cut them out and glued the bunny/grass border (Martha Stewart) to the top of the eggs. Then I put pop-dots behind the entire image and popped it on top of the blue cardstock (embossed with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder). The cream cardstock at the top of the card is punched with a MS border punch, and the ribbon is CTMH (Hollyhock RicRac).

Here's a close-up of my bunny scene:

I punched the border from White cardstock and colored in the bunnies and grass with my Copics. The butterfly is an old punch I just recently found in my stash. The pearls are from Recollections (at Michaels).

The sentiment is from a retired CTMH set called March Word Puzzle (D1270). I wrote "hoppy" in my handwriting. The border around the sentiment is from CTMH's January Stamp of the Month called True Friends (D1406). The pearls are from Recollections. The bunny was also made from an old punch and colored with Copics.

Now that it's almost 1 a.m., I am off to bed. I knew I wouldn't have a lot of time tomorrow so I wanted to get this posted when I finished it. I hope you enjoyed my new creation!

Happy Scrapping!
Rosemary :)

No comments: