Friday, March 5, 2010

Ian's Gone Surfin...

It's been a week of gorgeous weather here in Oklahoma. I can't believe it got into the 70s today...unbelievable! What's even more surprising, is that it's supposed to last through the weekend. WOO HOO! After all the dreary, cold, winter days, I'm ready for some sunshine!

To get me in an even sunnier mood, I decided to make a card using Surfer Ian, from The Greeting Farm. Although I've never surfed a wave, I've always thought it looked like fun. One of these days, I might make it to Hawaii and try it (if I can get over my fear of sharks!). In the meantime, I'll let Ian surf them for me!

I used Copics E00 & E33 for Ian's skin. For his hair, I used E33 and then went over some areas with a darker brown chalk from a SU chalk palette. All of the patterned paper is from a pack called DCWV Tahiti. His shorts and surfboard are paper-pieced from the same paper pack. I also added CTMH Liquid Glass to the surfboard to make it shiny. The flowers were cut out from one of the patterned papers and raised up on pop-dots. I also glued orange buttons to the centers. The scalloped circle was cut with my new Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Circle Large Die and Epic 6 Machine...Love them!

I hope you get some nice, sunny, warm weather wherever you may be! Don't be too jealous of us...I hear it's supposed to get cold again next week. One thing about Oklahoma is that the weather changes daily!

Happy Scrapping!
Rosemary

No comments: