Thursday, August 12, 2010

Elisabeth Bell's Design Team Call

While surfing the web this week I visited Elisabeth Bell's Blog here, and found she was having a design team call to showcase her fabulous digital images. The deadline said August 13th, which only gave me a few days. Well, you know me...I'm always up for a challenge!! I bought her digital image, February Flutter, and got busy planning, coloring, cutting, and wiping my brow a few times (you'll see why in a minute), LOL!

I first started off by re-sizing my image in Adobe Photoshop to 5x5 so the details of the faces showed up better. Then, I printed it from my computer. That's the great thing about digital images...you can re-size them to be as small or as large as you want, which is great for scrapbooking too! I decided to use an Easel Card design so I would have room for a sentiment at the bottom.

I can't even begin to tell you how many different routes I went with my card for this challenge. I started with one idea and then went in a completely different direction. I knew I wanted to use pinks and purples for the girl fairy because I had new Office Gel Glitter pens to try out, but after I was done coloring the image, the colors were too bright for the paper I originally chose. That started my next mission: finding some matching paper. I searched through my stash and found some DP from ME&MY Big Ideas 8x8 Scrapbook Kit called ENJOY.

The hardest and most time consuming part of the card was cutting out each hole in the wings with a craft knife....I think I may have a permanent kink in my neck from the arduous process, LOL!! I then backed the wings with some vellum. After many late nights (because with a 3-year-old boy that's the only time I can find to craft), here's my card for Elisabeth Bell's Digital Design Team Call:

Here's a close-up of the top portion of the Easel Card: (the purple brads in the corners are from Paper Studio Spare Parts & the rhinestone accents are from Best Occasions)

I used a variety of pens to color the image. The faces & hair were colored with Copics (skin: E51/E00 & hair: E33/E37/E49/E31). I used chalk to add blush to their cheeks. Their clothes were colored with Copics, Office Gel Glitter Pens, and a purple Crayola Paint Marker. I added Stickles Glitter Glue to the top of her dress, her ribbon sash & the green areas of the guy fairy. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but the dark purple and pink are the Office Gel Glitter Pens (in person, those areas have a little shimmer). The entire image was cut out and place on pop-dots for added dimension.

Here's a close-up of the wings:

The outline of the wings were also colored in the Office Gel Glitter Pens (purple & silver) and Stickles Glitter Glue was added to the girl fairy wings. I then glued vellum to the back of the wings.

On the Sentiment, I used Stampin' UP Vintage Vogue for the border and the quote "Life happens, Love helps." I wrote the word LOVE using Copic V15 and then stamped the quote 3 times over it with CTMH Pansy Purple ink. The roses were 3-D stickers (I think Jolee) that started off white, but I colored them in purple to match my card.


WHEW, I'm tired now and going to bed!! Wish me luck on this challenge!! The winners will be announced on Saturday, August 14th.

Hugs,
Rosemary

No comments: