Monday, August 15, 2011

La-La Land Inspiration Monday-Christmas Card or Ornament

Good Monday Morning everyone! It's me again with another Inspiration Monday for you. Every Monday and Friday the La-La Land Crafts Design Team will bring you a new inspirational theme. We would love for you to play along with us. All you have to do is link your projects using a La-La Land Crafts image to our Customer Gallery.

This week we challenge you to make a Christmas Card or Ornament.

Before I start with my Inspiration post, I would like to remind you about a contest happening on our La-La Land Crafts Blog right now!!
To celebrate Marci and Luka's First Birthday, we have a CARD CONTEST going on!! The winner gets to take home a set of 36 Copic Markers....WOWZERS!! You'll want to hurry and get your card uploaded asap because this time the voting is done by all of our FANS!

Don't have a blog? You can upload a photo of your card to any photo sharing website (i.e. Photobucket or Flickr) and then copy and paste that link to the La-La Land Blog.
Don't have a Marci or Luka Stamp? You can purchase a digital image from the store so you can start your birthday card/project right away!!
For more details click HERE.

Now on to Inspiration Monday...making a Christmas Card or Ornament!

I decided to make a Christmas ornament with Caroling Luka. I think he's so adorable holding his wreath and song book. He was an absolute doll to color too! That's what I love about these La-La Land images....they are so much FUN to color!!

Coloring Medium: Copics & Chalk
Skin: E000 & chalk
Hair: E29, E33
Hat: E31 & chalk
Coat: E25, chalk, liquid applique/Pockets: R39, YG97, chalk
Shirt: R39, YG97, chalk
Pants: E31 & chalk, liquid applique
Shoes: E25 & chalk
Wreath: YG97, G24, R39
Book: YR23, chalk, YG97


Recently, I purchased the 2011 BH&G Holiday Crafts magazine. I LOVE the various Christmas ideas featured in this magazine!! One of the ideas was a vintage Holiday Starburst created by Lana Manis. The starburst used rolled vintage book pages to create a hanging ornament. I love the idea and it's definitely something that can be used for different holidays, not just Christmas. I have so many ideas running through my mind for home decor too.

Here's a picture of my paper Starburst. I found an old paper back book in the garage for my project. I cut a total of 32 rectangles and distressed the edges with Worn Paper and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I cut the scallop circles behind my image using my Spellbinder Nesties. I embossed the middle panel with Cuttlebug Snowflakes and inked the edges with Old Paper and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Luka is raised up on pop-dots.

Here's a back view. I used a chipboard square and covered it with the book paper. Then I twisted wire into a hook, pushed the other end into the square, folded it up on the other side and glued it down to hold it. The rolled paper is just glued down to the front of the square.

Here's a picture of my ornament handing on the wall.

And, the side view.

You'll definitely want to check out the BH&G Holiday Crafts Magazine because there are so many wonderful ideas inside it. I have several I want to try out, for sure! Also, don't forget to check the La-La Land Crafts blog on Friday for more inspiration from my fellow DT sisters! They are amazing as always!

Hugs,
Rosie

6 comments:

Anja said...

oh wow i love the card.And i like the stamp.I hope they come in Europe(Netherlands) to.

Hugs anja

Vicki said...

WOWZERS Rosie! This is amazing! I love the image and colors.

Traci said...

OMG I just absolutley love this it's wonderful. I love the coloring on Luka & the distressing. Thank you for sharing. I'll stop by tomorrow. ;0)

Traci Lord
3team3lord3@comcast.net

cabio's craft corner said...

Lovely folds and beautiful ornament design :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Pam Sparks said...

My favorite Luka! cool ornament Rosie!

SallyB. said...

this is a fab idea with this book sites