Thursday, July 18, 2013

Baby Boo's Shower Hop from The Greeting Farm!!


Hello y'all!! Hope you are having a great week so far! I'm back today for a special Baby Shower Hop for our amazing leader over at The Greeting Farm, Jessica Diedrich!! She's an amazing woman and friend and I'm so honored to be a part of this special hop to celebrate her and her soon-to-be arriving little girl!

To celebrate Baby Boo, Marie is generously giving away a Onesie Die Set to one lucky hopper, Woot, Woot,,

Here's the blog hop order!
TGF BLOG
SANDIE DUNNE
THANH VO

ROSIE BRIDGES (you are here)
MARIA THERESE HATLOY 

For my project I altered a wooden shadow box from Walmart. I painted it with FolkArt Pink Rouge Pearl Paint (it has a shimmer to it). Then I cut out a white piece of card stock and glued squares of patterned paper to it. Most of the dps are from Carta Bella Giddy Up 6x6 paper pad. I distressed all the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The sentiment is from Cloud 9 Design Simple Thoughts-Baby.

I colored up the baby girl Anya from the Baby Anya and Ian Set. The circle chipboard frame is from Recollections. I painted it pink with the pearl paint so it would match. Since I don't know baby boo's name yet I just put the word "love" in the spaces. I'm also going to go back and add some embellishments to the outside part of the frame since I didn't bring a bunch of that stuff to my mom's house. So it's still a work in progress!
Now don't forget to head to Peggy's Blog next!!

Have a great Thursday!
Hugs,
Rosie :)

30 comments:

On The Wings Of A Scrapper said...

I love how the background looks like a quilt!

Rachel Parys said...

WOWZERS Rosie!! What a fantastic idea!! I love this, it would be adorable on a baby's wall! Great project!

Stephanie said...

Oh I love the background!

Jo said...

This turned out awesome Rosie! this would look cute hanging on a wall. love it!

Unknown said...

I really love the down-home country style of this project!

Annamarie Jones said...

This is awesome! I love this idea!

Lizzie R said...

wonderful! all the elements look wonderful together! Great job! You guys are awesome for doing this for Jessica! Kudos!

Cindy’s Crafty Creations said...

I love how the shadow box background looks like a quilt love the pink and browns and blues very nice

Anne said...

Looove the patchwork and the sentiment in it! Gorgeous card and adorable image. :)

Hugs, Anne.

mousekemom said...

Wow, Rosie! Love the quilt effect!

Melissa said...

So nice! Looks like a paper quilt!

Unknown said...

Felicidades Rosemary es un encanto este cuadro queda perfecto para la habitación del bebe, mezclaste colores y texturas diferentes y se ve muy elegante, me fascina este sellito cuantas cosas puedes hacer con el, gracias por mostrarnos tan hermosa creación.

Evy G said...

O, how sweet! I'm sure she'll love to hang your shadowbox on the wall! Great use of colors!

Hugs, Evy

Jessica Diedrich said...

What an AMAZING labor of love! Oh my word- speechless. This is the sweetest frame and quote! Beautiful work as always, my friend. Love you and so honored that you guys did this for me! Thank you so much!!!

LARELLE-SUSANNE said...

I loved how you used the word love and the patch work the baby was super pink cute, great share for the shower hop, hugs Larelle-Susanne

Sue D said...

Very cute with the squares of patterned paper.

MiamiKel said...

WOW, this is amazing! It has so much detail and beauty - superb!

Sugar Cards said...

rosemary!!!
i love the quilt background!!!

Lori Aragon said...

Loving the background 'quilt.' What an adorable project!!!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Wonderful project. Love how you framed the little bean image. TFS

Sheri Gilson said...

Very sweet card! Love how you created a quilt background!

Peggy said...

Gorgeous work of art! Looks like a quilt full of love!

Joanne said...

What a fab idea...a love quilt-card. A genius idea wonderfully executed!

Unknown said...

Omg! So Cute! I love your projects!! Those colors and sentiment sure will make Jess smile~!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! Stunning project.

faithnme said...

Another Fabulous Project Rosie.. I love the paint.. Great JOB!!


Grandma Bonnie said...

Rosie, seeing as what you said in your post, I take it the baby hop caught you unaware.. The give away to me is that you've not yet put your signature bow on :0). It is aleady super cute though!! I missed the deadlinto comment, but I wanted to hop around and say how sweet you all are!

censuous1 said...

I love the tile layout, super cute card

deadlymedic911 said...

Great for babies wall!

cebelica said...

This is so beautiful! I love all the different papers! I know there isn't really any embellishments on this frame, but honestly I don't even miss them. I think it's perfect the way it is! :) Hugs! xx