Thursday, October 10, 2013

Skin Coloring Tutorial for The Greeting Farm!

Happy Thursday everyone! I'm back today to share a Skin Coloring Tutorial for The Greeting Farm using Holiday Anya 3.

This is a picture tutorial so I hope it's clear when I'm done. If you have any questions though, feel free to leave them in the comments section and I'll try to answer them. :) My image is stamped on X-Press It Blending Card with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copics.

For skin, I use E000, E00, E01, E02, and E11.

First, I lay down a light coat of E000 (not full coverage). Just a little coverage to get the paper wet.

Next I add a thin line of E11 under the hair line and along the sides of the face.

I use E02 and go over the E11 line with a thicker E02 line.

Then I use E01 and start bringing the color toward the center of the face.

Next, I grab E00 and color over all the lines bringing the color toward the middle, but leaving the center uncolored.

Finally, I color over everything with E000 blending all the lines. If I want the hair shadow to be more prominent, I come back in with E11 and redraw the line under the hair and sides of face. Sometimes I go over it again lightly with E000.

I always use chalk for the cheeks. To me it's just softer and less likely for error. The great thing about chalk is that if you mess up, you can erase it and start over.

I use a cotton swab to pick up the chalk. I dab some chalk on the cheek area. Then I use the other "clean" end to rub the chalk in.

Here's the face all colored up!

Here she is with her hair colored in. For my hair coloring tutorial, please click HERE.

I hope this tutorial helps! Have a great Thursday and be sure to stop by tomorrow for another Farm Fresh Friday Challenge. :)

Hugs,
Rosie :)

2 comments:

Mojca said...

Waw! Thank you for a lovely tutorial. Would love to see how you do hair. Hugs! MOjca

Phi said...

Thanks so much for the chalk tip. It gives such perfect rosy cheeks. Will give it a go next time I colour.