Sunday, April 26, 2015

Crafter's Companion~Kimono Lotus Flower

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you've had an awesome weekend so far! We've been having some severe storms in Texas. Friday we had a tornado warning and ended up in our coat closet under the stairs. There was an F1 tornado that passed through our town and fortunately missed us. Today we have more severe storms rolling in so I'll be a nervous wreck later this evening. Please keep us in your prayers for sure!
 
Crafter's Companion USA recently released a new Kimono Series of stamps, dies and embossing folders! They are all so gorgeous!! I can't wait to purchase them!! Today I used a stamp set called Lotus Flower. She's stamped on Spectrum Noir Premium White Cardstock and colored with Spectrum Noir Markers.
 
 Spectrum Noir Markers:
Skin: FS1, FS2
Red: CR7, CR9, CR11
Umbrella: EB1, EB2, GB8
Black
Gold Sharpie Paint Pen
Molotow White Paint Pen

I found some Oriental paper in my stash and used it for inspiration to color my image. I just made 5 small circles with CR9 to form the petals. Next, I came in with the black to color the rest of the shirt. Next, I outlined the petals with the gold paint pen and then added white circles to the middle of the flowers. The sentiment is also from the same Kimono Lotus Flower set.
 
 Be sure to check out the Crafter's Companion Blog for all sorts of inspiration by my fellow DT Sisters, and to see some of the new products coming to the store! And don't forget to check out the Crafter's Companion FB Page for even more ideas!

Have an awesome week!
Rosie :)

No comments: